We often treat ourselves to a nice rump steak if we go for a big Aldi shop (they are such good value) and so I’m always looking at new, quick and easy sauces I can whip together to add to the finished dish.
The sauce was inspired by a dressing I had on a steak salad when visiting the ‘big smoke’. I got home and the next day set to work with my blender trying to work out what was in the dressing and how I could adapt it for us Weight Watchers.
The result was delicious. Low in points, packed with flavour and best of all, makes a big enough batch that you can use it for a few days after as a lovely salmon or chicken salad dressing. Just pop into some tupperware and keep in the fridge (it’s served cold – no cooking is required for the sauce!!)
My dish here (pictured above) was 11sp and consisted of:
- 1 x rump steak, fat removed (200g – 4sp)
- 1 x small sweet potato, baked (160g – 5sp)
- 1 x corn on the cob, baked (0sp)
- Drizzle of Avocado Steak Sauce (recipe below)(1sp)
- Drizzle of light Soured Cream (1sp)
- Sprinkle of paprika to finish
So give the sauce a go! You won’t be disappointed!!
Avocado Steak Sauce