Carrot Cakey Baked Oats – 5sp

Porridge oats are my staple winter breakfast and I often spend time thinking of ways to jazz up my plain old porridge. The little number is the perfect way to do just that. Not only is it warm and comforting, but the ingredients all come together to give you the most delicious carrot cakey breakfast. Very satisfying indeed!

14876111_10157677710925182_2123936998_o

Baked oats take me a lot longer to eat than a normal bowl of porridge and lovely and filling. I served mine here with a tablespoon of low fat natural yoghurt and a final sprinkle of cinnamon but feel free to top them with whatever you fancy.

Ingredients

Serves 1 = 5sp (Flex)

0sp on No Count

35g porridge oats

1 egg, beaten

50ml skimmed milk

2 tbsp sweetener

1 tsp each of cinnamon and mixed spice

1 carrot, peeled and grated

Method

Pop all the ingredients into a large bowl and combine well. Take a small baking dish (I used an individual lasagne dish), spray with 1kal and add the mixture. Pop in the oven on 200c for 25-30 minutes. Serve with a dollop of low fat yoghurt and a final sprinkle of cinnamon.

Enjoy!

Print Friendly, PDF & Email

19 thoughts on “Carrot Cakey Baked Oats – 5sp

1. Louise says:

Hi Laura
    This looks fantastic. Have you ever made it ahead and reheated it? Do you think it would work? Just thinking my daughter would love this but I’d have to get up very early to feed it to her for breakfast!
    😴

• lakettle says:

Hi Louise, I haven’t but I think it would still be lovely. I sometimes make them in smaller muffin form and they are lovely cold too!

• Louise says:

Thanks for your reply. I made them on Friday for myself and they were delicious! I got disturbed halfway through so reheated them 2 hours later and they were just as delicious 😀

2. Jo Hackney says:

This is delicious! I can’t believe how much you get for 7 sp either. I’m loving your recipes Laura, thanks so much for sharing x

• lakettle says:

I’ve never tried Amanda so I’m not sure. At a guess I would think it would cook as normal porridge would in the microwave so many not?

Laura x

3. Sara says:

Just made this, cut it into 4 pieces and enjoyed a piece with a cup of coffee. I am going to make it again and also add some grated zest of an orange. I love it, thank you for the great idea x

4. Michele Haslam says:

Hi Laura. I’ve made a lot of your recipes and love all of them. I’ve recently made your baked oats and they’ve become a firm favourite in our house. Many thanks for all your ideas.

5. Claire Whitehead says:

This is soooooo nice. I was stuffed by the end of it so I’m hoping it’ll see me through to lunchtime without the tummy rumbles. I’m going to try almond and cherry as well. Thank you so much. So glad I found this website! Loads of fab idea.

6. Katie says:

Great recipe I added grated Apple and baked in 4 mini loaf trays and 2 were enough to keep me going through til lunch